Develop Positive Habits to Make Life Happier
When we meet real tragedy in life, we can react in two ways – either by losing hope and falling into self-destructive habits, or by using the challenge to find our inner strength. Thanks to the teachings of Buddha, I have been able to take this second way. ~ Dalai Lama
Your net worth to the world is usually determined by what remains after your bad habits are subtracted from your good ones. ~ Benjamin Franklin
An unfortunate thing about this world is that the good habits are much easier to give us than the bad ones. ~ Somerset Maugham
“The chains of habit are too weak to be felt until they are too strong to be broken.” ~ Samuel Johnson
“We become what we repeatedly do.” ~ Sean Covey
“Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.” ~ Jim Ryun
“Nothing so needs reforming as other people’s habits.” ~ Mark Twain
“Good habits are worth being fanatical about.” ~ John Irving
A bad habit never disappears miraculously. It is an undo-it-yourself project. ~ Abigail Van Buren
Men’s natures are alike; it is their habits that separate them. ~ Confucius
It seems, in fact, as though the second half of a man’s life is made up of nothing, but the habits he has accumulated during the first half. ~ Fyodor Dostoevsky
Now that year 2014 is over and we are entering into realm of New Year 2015. Time is passing every moment.
Almost every one of us makes a resolution for coming year to bring improvement in life. People look forward for good health, more wealth, happiness, success and peace. They want improved relationship with their near and dear one’s and several other positive traits of life.
We want everything positive in our lives. But most of the time, we forget to practice principles that make our lives happy. It is the time not only to frame some resolutions but to act as well and establish positivism in our lives.
Here are some suggestions for improvement in various traits. We need to cultivate some positive habits for the same.
For Good Health:
- Exercise regularly, practice yoga and various breathing exercises.
- Meditate regularly. Fifteen to thirty minute’s meditation twice everyday brings miraculous results.
- Take natural food. Stop taking fast food and unnatural food. Increase intake of fruits, vegetables and certain herbs.
- Your diet must be balanced having required quantities of carbohydrates, proteins, fats, minerals, vitamins and enzymes etc.
- Drink adequate quantity of water every day. It varies from person to person and in different climatic conditions. However it is suggested to drink three to four liter water every day. You can learn more about the same in Importance of drinking water.
- Avoid taking food that is acidic in nature. (pH below 7.00 is acidic).
- Stop taking drugs, tobacco in any form and also avoid excessive use of alcohol, caffeine, carbonated drinks, salt and sugar etc.
- Take adequate sleep. Avoid excessive or less sleep.
- Keep happy disposition and laugh as much as you can. It is rightly said, ‘Laughter is the best medicine.’
- Maintain your thoughts positive. Avoid anger and stress.
- Make a goal and write the same on a paper. Read it every day.
- Make a plan that you wish to follow to achieve this goal.
- Develop strong willpower to achieve your goal.
- Stay focused for fulfillment of your objective.
- Your efforts must be continuous and consistent. Every single day you must work for the same.
- Repeat positive affirmations for achievement of your goal.
- Make a mental picture of having achieved your goal. Do it twice every day for ten to fifteen minutes.
- Maintain positive mental attitude and have faith in your capabilities of succeeding in life.
- Do not deviate from your chosen path.
- Do not quit and keep trying. It is rightly said, “Quitters name win and winners never quit.”
- Always maintain positive attitude about you and also about rest of the world.
- Expect the best in all circumstances.
- Make a list of your blessings. This list must contain right from your healthy body and mind to your loving family, your education, your house, your several belongings. List everything available to you under the Sun. Read these blessings everyday with a sense of thankfulness for each and every object.
- Record various happy moments of your life and read them regularly, especially when you are feeling down. Keep on updating happy moments.
- Also make a list of things going well in your life. Make several copies of this list and place them at various places so that you can read this list several times a day.
- Change threshold of your happiness and sadness. Make efforts to be happy very easily and sad with great difficulty. You must define them clearly.
- Smile quite often. Keep smiling in various adverse circumstances.
- Refuse to indulge in self pity, worries, doubt on your future and negative attitude of any kind.
- In worries of the past, do not deny miracles of present moment in your life.
- Read stories of courageous personalities who have been tremendously successful in spite of suffering from various ailments and physical limitations. Do you know, famous music composer Beethoven was deaf, Helen Keller was deaf, dumb and blind from childhood and Albert Einstein was suffering from Dyslexia?
- Learn to get rid of your negative habits of anger, hatred, jealously, ego, greed, confrontational attitude and revengefulness etc.
- Learn forgiveness. Seek forgiveness for all your mistakes and misdeeds. Forgive yourself, your enemies and all others for their faults and negative attitude toward you. Forgive adverse circumstances of your life. Repeat this affirmation several times a day, “I lovingly forgive and forget everyone who has ever offended and harmed me”.
- Replace your negativity with gratefulness. Be thankful to everyone who has been directly or indirectly helping you. Continuously practice gratitude.
- Keep a gratitude journal. Write everything that made you smiling. Thank minimum ten persons every day and write their names and reason of your thankfulness in this gratitude journal.
- Cultivate habit of helping others. Give patient and compassionate hearing to those they need your help. Your helping hand should be available to the people of this world to the maximum extent you can. Try to find opportunities to help others.
- Practice sharing. Share everything you have and you can. Share your money, your belongings, your time and your resources. It has been suggested in many scriptures that one should share minimum ten percent of their income with those they are in need.
- Respect others. Altogether stop disrespect behavior towards others no matter whom the other person is. Always be respectful towards others.
- Practice honesty in all your dealings with others. A dishonest person can never live in peace. It is rightly said, “Honesty is the best policy”.
- Don’t loss your coolness even in adverse situations. Get rid of your habit of anger and hatred towards others.
- Think positive. Find a positive word that resonates with you. Nurture this positive habit in you and let it grow to the extent people start recognizing you with this word. You must be kind, helping, loving appreciating, truthful, punctual, caring, sharing and co-operative etc. Let us be positive now and for always.
Attitude of Gratitude: We are highly thankful to Admin, LetsBePositive for made available purposeful information which inspire us to re-produce the same again for all.