Personality has been defined in different ways by various experts.
It is ‘yourself.’ It is every aspect of you in wholeness. It is all about, what you do, what you think and what you feel. All your actions and reactions make your personality. Your way of living, speaking and interacting in public tell about your personality. It is the way you carry yourself, your behavior, your actions and your conduct, etc.
Attractive personality has nothing to do with outer beauty of the body, nor is it having worn costliest cloths. It comes from within. It can be made more attractive by little efforts. Here are some suggestions for changing your personality and making it more attractive.
- Happiness and joy inside unlocks the muscles and mind as well. This results in a glow on your face. It is therefore advisable to always bring in mind, the thoughts of happiness, joy, fun, merry making and similar positive vibrations. Think of something good, something beautiful, something loving, some funny joke. Do it deliberately. Spare few minutes for this exercise. Start with five minutes a day and gradually increase time.
- There is another technique. Spare few moments and this time try to find those incidences which have negative feelings in your mind. You may also bring in memories of those persons, whom you do not like and have feeling of hatred, jealousy, anger, resentment against them. Now try to forgive them and forget those negative feelings against them. You may continuously repeat following affirmation for forgiveness, “I let go and let release.” Do it repeatedly and deliberately. If you have any complaint, grudge, hatred, anger or any other negative feeling against anyone, please forget them for the sake of your own good health and well being. Burn those ill feelings forever.
- Stand opposite a mirror and deliberately try to bring peace on your face. The peace you must have observed on the face of Krishna, Buddha and Jesus Christ. Similar smile and peace must reflect on your face. Stand straight with your head erect, inhale fully, expand your chest and contract your stomach. Wear beautiful smile on your face. Practice as long as you can.
- Bring kind thoughts of love, affection, compassion, harmony, kindness, peace in your mind. Think of gratitude, thankfulness, indebtedness towards each and everyone who has ever helped or served you and has been kind to you. There are millions of people, who are directly and indirectly helping you every moment of your life. In addition, there are several animals and plants continuously helping you day in and day out. Countless number of living and non living things is consistently serving you through out your life. You must have a sense of gratitude for everyone and everything. Do not have negative opinion about anyone. Be helpful and co-operative to others.
- If you are annoyed or have misbehaved with anyone or have harmed anyone, ask for an excuse from the person the next immediate opportunity available to you. If you have ever caused inconvenience to others or have been creating problems or loss to someone, please ask for forgiveness. Even for your minor mistakes, learn to ask for a pardon. In Jain philosophy of India asking for forgiving your sins has been considered as a brave and courageous act. The one who asks for forgiveness is not a coward; rather he is one of the strongest people. Asking for forgiveness unlocks your mental blocks and helps you to attain peace of mind coupled with happiness.
- Any time during the day, spare few minutes from your schedule. Sit in a silent place, close your eyes and visualize a divine light shining on your face and it is glowing with kind and loving thoughts which are full of happiness and joy.
- ‘Count the hours of sundial’ means always remember the brighter side of the life. Deliberately bring thoughts of joy and similar events in your mind. Make a list of happy moments of your life. Write every happy moment of your life in this list and read it every day. You must have a good stock of happy moments. Always try to find happiness in various situations in day to day activities. These thoughts will bring permanent glow of happiness on your face.
- Go near the nature. Try to spend some time with sun rise, sun set, moon lit night, rain, seashore, jungle, water fall, park or any other place of your choice, which has abundance of nature. Enjoy it. And also, be with children. Play with them. Enjoy their innocence.
- Sing a song while bathing. Select a positive song full of happiness, joy and positivity. Do not sing any song with negativity, sadness or violence.
- Sometimes do unexpected favor to someone. Help unexpectedly without any advance planning, to those who are desperately in need, trouble or distress. Help elderly and physically and mentally disabled persons. Help those they are in distress. Help your neighbors in various day to day activities. Help those people whom you do not know. It will bring happiness and joy in your life.
- Always think of kindness in your mind. It may be anyway, either you are kind to others or someone else is kind to you. Think repeatedly about kind thoughts. If you hate someone, please forgive him for your own good health and well being. If you really want to hate something, hate, ‘hate’. To get rid of feeling of hatred, you may repeat following affirmation in your mind, “I lovingly forgive and forget everyone whomsoever I hate.” It is advisable to surround you with people who already have attractive personality and are successful in life and have what you want. This will help you make your personality attractive and pleasing.
- Before retiring in the night thank at least twelve persons by writing their names in a diary and reason for the thanks, explaining what type of help they have provided you through out the day. There may be any type of help from anyone, a plumber, an electrician, mason, postman, waiter, taxi and bus driver etc. In addition, you must send text message or mail to any two persons thanking them for their help. This exercise will give a boost to your sense of gratitude
- Every night before retiring, pray God to forgive and forget you for all your mistakes of the day. Ask if I have knowingly or unknowingly hurt some one or harmed anyone and ask for forgiveness. Pray God to flood your mind with HIS love. Repeat following affirmation in your mind before going to deep sleep. “Let beauty of God, my Lord, be upon me.”
- Spare few moments and make a detailed list of the blessings, God has provided you. Some of them you might have inherited from your parents and others you might have earned at your own. You can give a title ‘My Blessings’ to this list. And write, “I am thankful to God for providing me with following blessings”.
- Now start from your beautiful and wonderful body complete in all respect.
- Next are your various healthy body organs, which are keeping you fit and fine.
- Then you have a sound and healthy mind.
- You are born on this beautiful planet, earth.
- You are citizen of a great country of your own.
- You are living in your loving city.
- You are having so many items of comfort. Please mention details of all those items you have or you own. This may be your house, your car or other modes of conveyance, your dresses, your different gadgets and list everything big and small. Make an exhaustive list of your belongings.
- In addition, you have a beautiful family, friends, relatives, neighbors and many more people around you to help you and take care of you.
- You have several friends on networking social websites to take care of you.
- You have been privileged to get good education and many more advantages which so many other persons on this earth cannot even think of. Your government has provided you various types of freedom and facilities to live as a respectful citizen.
- This way you may include each and every privilege you have in your life.
- Now read this list every night before going to bed with a sense of gratitude. Be thankful to God, to your government, to your family, to everyone who is helping you or has helped you in your life and has contributed to this list of your blessings.
- Be thankful for each and every thing which you have acquired in your life.
- Next morning on getting up, you will feel as if you are a prince or princess of the God and will feel extremely happy. In fact, we all are sons and daughters of God and our father is omnipresent and omnipotent.
- Go on updating this list everyday, if possible else every weekend, as some or the other privilege comes in your life everyday.
- You are therefore, one of the richest people on this earth having been blessed with so many comforts. By the grace of God and under the security of God’s love, you have been provided countless number of blessings and will continue to receive whatever else is required by you. He is continuously giving you all the time. For receiving abundant supply from the God, the most important aspect is to prepare you physically and mentally for receiving the abundance. Sometimes people are not prepared to receive abundance but are interested in receiving the same.
In Gita, to excel in your life it is suggested to give regard to every one, in the following verse,
Sadhusvapi ca papesu samabuddhirvisisyate. – Gita Chapter VI, V 9.
Means, he who has equal regard for the good hearted and kind friends, foes, indifferent, neutral, hateful, relatives, righteous and unrighteous, he excels.
Keep reading and giving your comments.
God bless you, now and always.
“Men acquire a particular quality by constantly acting a particular way. You become just by performing just actions, temperate by performing temperate actions, brave by performing brave actions.”~ Aristotle
“Some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon ‘em.” ~ William Shakespeare
“Personality is that which is most intimate to me that by which I must act out my life. It is that by which I belong to man, that by which I am able to reach after God, and He has given me this pearl of great price. It is an immortal treasure, it is mine, it is His, and no man shall pluck it out of His hand.” ~ Albert Einstein
“Personality is to a man what perfume is to a flower.” ~ Charles Schwab
“Attractiveness and magnetism of man’s personality is the result of his inner radiance.” ~ Yajur Veda
“Personality is to a man what perfume is to flower.”~ Charles M Schwab
“One’s personality can be understood from the people they mingle with.” ~ Kazi Shams
“Like an unchecked cancer, hate corrodes the personality and eats away its vital unity. Hate destroys a man’s sense of values and his objectivity. It causes him to describe the beautiful as ugly and the ugly as beautiful, and to confuse the truth with the false and the false with the true.” ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.
“A person however learned and qualified in his life’s work in whom gratitude is absent, is devoid of that beauty of character which makes personality fragrant.” ~ Hazrat Inayat Khan
“The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances, if there is any reaction, both are transformed.” ~ Carl Gustav Jung