Way to Overcome from Inferiority Complex
“To be special is against nature. In nature everything is as it is. Nobody is feeling any inferiority complex, and nobody is suffering from any superiority complex. The roses are beautiful because they don’t claim any superiority. There are thousands of flowers but there is no competition, everything is unique in its simplicity. They are not running a marathon race, competing with each other to come first; they are immensely satisfied as they are. In the whole animal kingdom — and all the trees, all the clouds, all the stars — nobody wants to be something else. Because even if you try to be something else, it will be only phony.” ~ Osho
“Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent.” ~ Eleanor Roosevelt
“Self-confidence is the first requisite to great undertakings.” ~ Samuel Johnson
“Fear is the thought of admitted inferiority.” ~Elbert Hubbard
“Most people enjoy the inferiority of their best friends.” ~ Philip Stanhope
“I have a huge ego and a huge inferiority complex at the same time.” ~ Barry Gibb
”One of the processes of your life is to constantly break down that inferiority, to constantly reaffirm that I Am Somebody.” ~ Alvin Ailey
“We must interpret a bad temper as a sign of inferiority.” ~ Alfred Adler
”When an individual is kept in a situation of inferiority, the fact is that he does become inferior.” ~ Simone de Beauvoir
“The surrender of life is nothing to sinking down into acknowledgment of inferiority.” ~ John C. Calhoun
Inferiority complex is a term used to describe a sense of inferiority, when you think that other people are better than you. It is not always that you are inferior to others. Sometimes your interpretation of particular situation that makes you feel below standard creates inferiority in you. It is all due to your imagination and your conditioning of mind.
In most of the cases, it has been observed that inferiority complex is developed in a person during childhood. There are various reasons cited for this lacuna. In most of the cases, it is neglect on part of the parents, which leads to inferiority in children. Then there is mentality of competition among students. In recent years this trend is increasing at a fast pace. The entire world has become like a small village and competition has become an international phenomenon. This is leading to inferiority complex in most of the children. The sad part of entire episode is that the parents are forcing children into comparison with others. They sometimes increase competition among their children, because they want to see their children at the top of the ladder. And to fulfill desire of the parents, children are forced to work beyond their limits and this leads to inferiority complex.
A child is a prized possession of the parents in this world. He has been sent to this world for a specific purpose which you may or may not know and also possibly your child may or may not know. Hence it is the responsibility of the parents to take extra care in their brought up. There are some suggestive measures which you must take into consideration to overcome inferiority complex.
- Always keep in mind that you are a dear and equally important child of the God and have come to this world as per divine plan, with a specific purpose of your life. And you are capable of carrying out the work assigned to you. In case you have any doubt or inferiority in your mind, you may repeat following affirmation in your mind. This affirmation shall always remind you about your roots and your capabilities. “If God be for me, who can be against me, as I am the child of God.”
- Don’t compare yourself with others. You are a unique personality in this world. No one resembles you. No one has the same qualities, which you are possessing. You are not only unique, but great as well. There is no point feeling low or inferior to others.
- Avoid competition with others. This advice may look strange to you because in the present time everyone talks of competition and lives a life full of competition. In spite competition being integral part of life, I would like to strongly suggest you to keep away from the mentality of competition with others. It is the feeling of competition which causes tension, stress and inferiority on the tender minds of students. It makes students violent and some of them resort to harming or even killing others. Do your work, be it studies, sports, business or any other work, with total devotion and concentration with sincere efforts. Try to excel in every task assigned to you. Make it a habit to excel without intention of competition with others.
- Do not create obstacles in your imagination. Do not create negativity in your mind. If there is any negativity or inferiority, please do not allow it to expand by repeatedly thinking about the same. Avoid thinking about failure, poverty, disease, problems, unsuccessful, inferiority and other related negative emotions. Whenever there is even a flash of negative thoughts in mind, immediately start loudly speaking opposite positive thought till the negative thought is driven out of your mind. As per the requirement you will speak positive thoughts of success, riches, good health, peace, love, happiness, joy and well being etc. Expel all those negative thoughts from your mind. Make it sure that your mind is always occupied with positive mental attitude.
- Don’t feel crippled or embarrassed to anyone, no matter how big, how rich or how powerful he is? Stand erect, take a deep breathe and speak with full confidence having faith in your capabilities.
- Paste photographs of most successful persons of your chosen field on both sides of your mirror. They may be your role models or anyone whom you consider your hero. While looking into the mirror, visualize yourself as successful as them. You can assure the self that you are capable to succeed. Always keep in mind that the God within you is equally important and powerful and is constantly helping you. Then why there is inferiority in mind. To develop confidence in your mind, you may repeat following affirmation, “What a person has done, a person can do. I am also a person, with God within, so I can also do.”
- Do not be awestruck or dreadful with others and never try to copy others. You are unique and exhibit your uniqueness in all that you do. Maintain your individuality, originality and newness. Never forget your divinity.
- It is an advice to the parents that they should never make children their drumming. It is a normal practice that parents wanted their children to achieve what they couldn’t in their childhood. And at times, their children are unable to fulfill their dreams. This leads to inferiority complex in parents and children, both.
- Kill your ambitions but act as an ambitious person. Kill out desire of life, but live as if it is the last day of your life. Live for the present moment, with enthusiasm and totality. Finish all the work today. Do not keep any work pending for tomorrow.
In Gita it has been explained that your ‘Self’ is your friend and enemy. Do not allow this self to let you down by having inferiority in you.
Atmaiva Hyatmano Bandhuratmaiva Ripuratmanah. Gita Chapter VI, V- 5
Means, Let man lift himself by himself, let him not lower himself; his self alone is his friend, his self alone is his enemy.
Attitude of Gratitude: We are highly thankful to Admin, LetsBePositive for made available purposeful information which inspire us to re-produce the same again for all.